- Материал на блоге⇒ Весь материал предоставляется исключительно в ознакомительных целях! При распространении материала используйте пожалуйста ссылку на наш блог!
- Ошибки⇒ Если вы обнаружили ошибки в статье, то сообщите нам через контакты или в комментариях к статье. Мы будем очень признательны!
- Файлообменники⇒ Если Вам не удалось скачать материал по причине нерабочих ссылок или отсутствующих файлов на файлообменниках, то сообщите нам через контакты или в комментариях к статье.
- Правообладателям⇒ Администрация блога отрицательно относится к нарушению авторских прав на www.electroengineer.ru. Поэтому, если Вы являетесь правообладателем исключительных прав на любой материал, предоставленный на ресурсе, то сообщите нам через контакты и мы моментально примем все действия для удаления Вашего материала.
Duties of Electrical Engineers
1. The electrical engineer is subordinated to the chief engineer and is in command of all the electrical group.
2. The electrical engineer is responsible for the safety engineering rules, service, maintenance and supervision of the following items of equipment, systems and devices:
a) electrical propulsion plant;
b) main and emergency sources of electrical power;
c) transformers and converters used in equipment, systems and devices;
d) distribution gear and monitoring desks or panels;
e) electric drives for steering gear, windlasses, mooring winches, towing winches, starting air compressors, fire pumps and fire-extinguishing system compressors, pumps, fans in machinery spaces, auxiliaries of the main engine, watertight doors;
f) main and emergency lighting of spaces and location of essential machinery and means of escape;
g) electric engine-room telegraphs;
h) service telephone communication;
i) alarm signalling;
j) fire detection signalling systems and warning systems indicating the release of fire smothering medium;
k) watertight door signalling;
m) hull earthing facilities in tankers;
n) electric heaters of fuel and lubricating oil and other machinery and facilities not listed above.
3. The electrical engineer is responsible for the following consumers to be supplied with electric power:
a) steering gear electric drives;
b) windlass electric drives;
c) fire pump electric drives;
d) electric drives of compressors;
f) switchboard of cargo refrigirating installations;
g) electric drives of main propulsion plant excitation units;
h) radio station switchboard;
i) navigational equipment switchboard;
j) section switchboards and distribution gear for supplying other essential services concentrated in accordance with similar functions performed;
k) switchboards of automatic gear of fire detection alarm system;
l) electric and electronic equipment;
m) design and power supply of automatic system;
n) electric and electronic control systems.
4. The electrical engineer is to make out spare parts Lists for a forthcoming voyage and hand them to the chief engineer, along with a List of repairs required.
5. The electrical engineer is to ensure the observance of the safety rules, storage regulations, instructions on operation features, general directions on replacement of faulty components and observance of directions and instructions not mentioned above.
6. The electrical engineer is to control the observance of safety measures specified in instructions, to ensure safety of maintenance and operation.
7. The electrical engineer is to ensure scope and schedule of preventive maintenance. The plan is to be signed by the chief engineer.
8. The electrical engineer is to distribute the work and count the number of working days and days off of his subordinates. This is to be coordinated with the chief engineer as well.
9. The electrical engineer is to fill up all the technical documents concerning electrical equipment, to make orders for deliveries and repairs.
10. The electrical engineer is to supervise the adequacy of operating electrical equipment by shore and ship specialists.
11. The electrical engineer is to supervise the operation of cargo-handling facilities.
12. Before the ship leaves the port the electrical engineer is to check the readiness of the electrical equipment for the voyage and to report the readiness to the chief engineer 30 minutes before the departure.
13. The electrical engineer is to direct the operation of the ship power plant personally while leaving or entering a port and while mooring. It is not to leave the engine room but in case of emergency approved by the chief engineer.
14. The electrical engineer is to take care that the log book is accurately and neatly kept. Insulation resistance, charging and discharging cells and batteries, operation of bearings and securing of the motor, applied grease, basic parameters, faults and their remedies, and other incidents of the voyage are to be entered into the log book daily. The log book is to be signed by the chief engineer.
15. The electrical engineer is to organize study of the ship's electrical equipment by the members of the crew.
16. The electrical engineer is to eliminate personally or with the help of ship's specialists all the faults in the operation of the electrical equipment.
17. In case of possible alarm in the electrical equipment the electrical engineer is to report it to the chief engineer and take bold measures to eliminate its cause.
Выдержка из: Т.Ю.Кущ, М.С.Воловник/Английский язык для судовых электромехаников. ENGLISH FOR MARINE ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS. 1986
⇓ДОБАВИТЬ В ЗАКЛАДКИ⇓